Trim Sender Question for '08 70 TLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Sender Question for '08 70 TLR

This most likely is a stupid question for most of you, but can someone confirm whether or not the 70 TLR comes with a trim sender from the factory? I just purchased my first boat from the dealer last week (08 Alumacraft) and I'm trying to get a trim gauge installed by them and he's telling me I need the wiring harness, gauge, AND sender. The harness and gauge I get, but I feel like I'm getting played.

Also, to further confirm my inexperience, would any one have a clue what I can expect at top end (RPMs and speed) with the 70 TLR on 1200 lb boat (includes gear)? The prop has 13 1/4 x 17 pitch.

thank you in advance for your responses.

I also have an 08 Alumacraft, 17' with 70hp Yamaha. I bought a trim gauge from my dealer and plan to hook it up myself. My Yamaha came with the sending unit already installed. Yamaha uses a pink wire from the sending unit and you have to connect to it along with a ground wire and a hot wire from the switch. Top end speed on my boat is approx 37mph. Your tack should register around 5000 - 6000 rpm at WOT (wide open throttle). This info can be found in your owners manual. My tack is currently registering half of the rpms and my dealer has informed me that there are some settings at the back of the tack which need to be changed. Your trim sender is located on the left side of the motor. With the motor in the up position you can see it. It has 3 wires exiting the sending unit and going up to the motor. They are pink, blue and green. Good luck.
    Last edited by keggar47; 05-21-2008, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I actually had the same problem with my tach and rpms when I ran it last week. During the break in period on the motor, I could not get anymore than 2600 rpm and I was full throttle. They're fixing that issue this week and were willing to install the gauge for free except I needed to purchase the parts.

Comment

Working...
      X