225 Saltwater Series II--Low comp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 Saltwater Series II--Low comp??

98 225 SWS II--running like it was not firing all 6--Has now lost top end rpm--engine has 23 hours on powerhead. Compression on left bank--96--65--98
    right bank--100--95---100. Can this be anything other than rings/piston?

The compression was checked with all 6 plugs out and warm.

H20SKE...

for the minium cost of a headgasket you should pull the head and check cylinder walls before any more possible damage is done.

Comment

This unit is a rebuilt unit with a warrenty on it, so I am hoping the facility I bought it from will step up and cover this.
      I have 18 years as a Automotive and diesel mechanic, so I am a need to know person, I have basic 2 stroke knowledge, but not alot.

To my knowledge when comp is down like this--it means piston and rings at least, Does this require a full tear down or what to accomplish this repair??

I do not like being in the dark when taking it in for someone else to work on.
      You all helped me on several other questions on this unit--the overheat issue.

Thanks, H20SKE...

Comment

Be careful not to void the warranty when performing your inspection.

Comment

Thanks for the warning--I am not taking it apart--just doing checks that can not cause a issue--not opening up the motor.

Thanks,H20SKE...

Comment

Working...
          X