2003 Yamaha 115HP 4 Stroke problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Yamaha 115HP 4 Stroke problem

Hello... Was wondering if anyone here had experienced this problem. My father has a 2003 Yamaha 115HP 4 Stroke motor. When he slows down and goes into either neutral or reverse the motor kills. Then you start it up and go to reverse it kills. Replaced the computer, reset everything, new wiring harness. You drive down the river and then slow it down and go into reverse and it dies or you go into reverse it dies there also. Neutral switch has been replaced also. If anyone has any experience like this or suggestions could you please drop me a line at: skids1@fiai.net

Your Yamaha dealer can connect that engine to a computer and test the shift switch,Idle speed, idle control valve, throttle position sensor and all sensors that could cause a engine to stall at operating temp

Comment

I had this problem on the same type of engine and year. It died because of low idle speed when warm. Check your idle speed, should be around 750 rpm in neutral.

Comment

Have had this problem since engine new-(2001)- only way to stop it was to set idle to 900 rpm. No longer cuts off but scrapes a little more going in gear from neutral. None of part changes or shop fixes while under warranty worked. Also had problems with idle speed pulsing on occasion when idling after cruising speed.

Comment

Yamaha 115 4-stroke

I had the same problem and after changing plugs and a few other things I was told to check the low pressure fuel pump. After draining it by opening the drain screw and releasing the trapped fuel/air it has worked fine. Try it and i hope it works for you like it did me.

Comment

Working...
          X