Yamaha 200 Vmax 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 200 Vmax 1999

I am having trouble with my Vmax. It shuts down if I get to 4200 rpm. Once stopped, It will start just fine and run fine untill I exceed 4200 rpm. Is there a saftey device causing this? Any one have any advice on refrence material?

No there is no safty switch that will shut engine down, If it overheats or low on oil it go intio RPM reduction and want go over 2000 RPM'S, It could be a fuel problem (running lean), Ignition problem (losing fire to plugs), or may even be the engine tring to sieze up (check compression)

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. It turned out that one of the fuel lift pumps was bad. I ended up rebuilding all tree of them the gasket kit only cost $12 per pump. The key indicator was that the fuel bulb would not get firm when I squeezed it. This pump was leaking fuel in on one of the cylinders. It would also flood the enging when I tried to prime it.

Works fine now except for the engine will not hold full 5800 rpm. It drops down to 5200 after a few seconds. I have cleaned the O2 sensor several times. Next, I am going to a hotter spark plug.

Steve

Comment

have a tech test the sensor,sometimes cleaning it just wont do it..... and ...caution with a hotter plug !!!

Comment

Working...
        X