115HP Cylinder head bolt torque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115HP Cylinder head bolt torque?

My Yamaha 115ETXH has marked on the cylinder heads "0.8KGM Torque", this is only about 5.7ft-lbs (if I converted correctly?), seems a bit light. Can anyone confirm this number, should I torque half way then run, then torque to full 0.8KGM?

Do the head bolt threads & the gaskets go on dry?

If any has the shop service manual (1987 115ETXH) pdf, please email to hohumbeach@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!

Dave

First torque is 11 ft lbs, 22 ft lbs on second torque. You can assemble dry.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Cylinder Head Torque vs Cylinder Head Cover Torque

Hello,

I was doing some research & came across this great forum. I have a 1987 Yamaha 115 ETLH.

I was confused & almost torqued down my cylinder head 'COVERS' to 11 ft/lbs, & then 22 ft/lbs. That is the correct torque setting for the cylinder heads, but not the covers.

The cylinder head covers should be torqued to 0.8 KGM = (36 in/lbs & then 72 in/lbs).

I just purchased a 3/8 torque wrench that only goes down to 120 in/lbs. which I am returning. A micro torque wrench is what is needed to get down to the 0.8 KGM = (36 in/lbs & then 72 in/lbs).

Autozone (part #25685) has one for $50 that ranges from (25 in/lbs to 250 in/lbs).

Hope this helps others,
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      X