Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboard engine identification

Hello all.

Loved to find that there is a forum like this availebel.

I have just bough a used Yamaha 20hk outboard engine.
    And im hoping to find out whitch model and maybe whitch year its produced so i could determind what type om accesories i need.
    The seller told me it is a 2000 modell but a confirmation would be nice so i dont bye the wrong type of accesories.

So is there a modell number or identificaton number i can look for in the engine, and if so where???

What i need is for the steering. I have also bought a new GH V11 boat witch is complete with steering and wire and trottle with wires.....
    The steering wire is the type witch is going inside the "tube" in the engine and att the other end i need some sort of arm.
    The engine olso have the gear/gas trottle on the side of the engine and the bracket to hold the wire. But what is missing is the things i need to fasten the wires to the gear/gas "trottle".

So please help me.....

Sorry for the whery BAD english, Im from Norway....

Best regards Halvor

The model and serial number is located on side of transom bracket.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hello Boats.net.

Thanks for the info.
      Just found the info i was looking for ragarding model type.
      The engine is a yamaha 20 hk 1999 mod. It says 6L3-86

Took a picture of the gear/gas leveler on the side.
      Could someone please help me find out whitch steering arm/attachments i need and what im missing from the Gear/gas leveler.....

Hoping to get some help......

Best regards Halvor
      Norway

Comment

6L3 is a 20 DMO/DEO 1988-
        There is a letter stamped at the bottom left or bottom right of the ID label on the left side on the engine. That letter will say which year the engine was made. Upload a closeup of the ID label of your engine if possible.

I believe any standard control box will do (search finn.no). For the correct control cable, go to your local dealer, and take a look in the teleflex catalogue. That will list your engine, and your correct control cable.
        Last edited by Rkov; 05-09-2008, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Hello Rkov.

I alredy have the contol box with cables, and steering with cable.
          The thing i need is the steering arm and accesories.
          And for the gas/gear i need whats going on the end of the cables.

On the serial number label it says 1999 an modell 00???
          Dos this mean its produced in 1999 and is a 2000 modell???

Hope someone could chime in for what parts i need.

Rkov...are you from norway?

Best regards Halvor
          Norway

Comment

The 20 2 stroke was only sold here in USA in 1996 and 97, it was only offered in a tiller handle model. I can't find a remote conversion kit or steering conversion kit listed for it.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

The coding follows an elaborate non-logical table. That is why it helps to see a picture of the label.

For the steering you would need either a side-push fastening tube to your steering cable (you can get a used one from me), or a yamaha fold-back steering arm if you put the steering cable through the pivot tube of the engine.

To connect the control cables to the two pictured control levers, I would consult the catalogue for the control cables you have (teleflex?). They should provide attachment clips for this engine. The control cables will also attach to a small shiny bracket on the same side of the engine as the two control levers, but a little more towards the front of the engine.

And yes, I am indeed from the land of the midnight sun (prøv mail til online)

Comment

help with age of engine

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                The model and serial number is located on side of transom bracket.
                Hi, I am looking for the age of my 50hp engine. detail are: 50DETO BH5-L serial ...015 and letter B stamped into casting below right of ID Tag. one website says it is 2003 another says it is 1998 and yet another works out at 1984. I am way confused. Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers from New Zealand.

Comment

These guys over here may provide you with some more info on your euro motor models :

Marinshopen - Båttillbehör & reservdelar

Comment

Working...
                  X