yamaha inboard carb parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha inboard carb parts?

I need a carb gasket kit for a 4.3 Yamaha inboard. Its a GM motor, I don't know if its considered a mercruiser or a Volvo the exhaust has Yamaha on it. It has a 4 barrel rochester carb. Is there any chance that I can find this carb kit at an autoparts store? If I can find a mercruiser or Volvo PN, is there a way to cross that into a GM part #? It is a Rochester Quadrajet it has 8903S and 3392W on the carb body. The boat was made in 95.

Thanks

you should be able to find a gasket kit in an auto store like napa, with the year and the carb # no probleme
    cyrillefrenchy

Comment

I've tried Autozone and Oriely, but they couldn't look it up with the #s I gave them. There is supposed to be a verticle # stamped in the side of the body that is around 9 digits long. I can only find the two #s listed above, and there is a number in a circle (17090303). It is in a circle, so I'm not sure which is the first #.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

http://www.shop.tungstenmarine.com/p...c?productId=52

I'm almost positive that this is the kit I need. How would I look this up at an automotive store?

Thanks

Comment

Hey mate,
          those carbs are a dime a dozen in Australia,the came out on V8 5Ltr 308 cu inch Commodores (Holden) or GM to you over there,try ebay or try an auto parts store in australia online.Hell of a lot cheaper than buying marine and the same carb.
          Last edited by nathhealy; 05-09-2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I'm sure I can get one locally, but I just don't know how to cross it over to a number that an auto parts place can look up?

Thanks

Comment

I got one. The mercruiser dealer 30 min away hooked me up. I picked it up over lunch.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X