Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 Yamaha 200 Oil transfer problem-HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Yamaha 200 Oil transfer problem-HELP!!

Hello,

I have been dealing with an oil transfer problem for a while now. The main tank on the engine does not get oil pumped to it and my alarm goes off at the helm, so i have been manually adding oil --either with the switch or by hand-- I have checked and replaced the following with brand new parts.

- Pump on the reservoir tank-- verify that it works since manual control on the oil control unit on engine causes oil to pump from this tank.
    -Oil control unit on engine.
    -Oil sensor on main tank.

One issue I have is that the wire to the sensor on the reservoir tank is broken and hence my yellow light in the dash is always on telling me that the reservoir tank is low (it has plenty of oil) Could this broken wire be preventing the control unit from telling the motor to fire and pump oil?

I've taken it to my mechanic whom is also stumped--could not figure it out? Also could the lamp assembly at the helm be the cause?

I've spent lots of $$ and still having issues... any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks very much
    Bill.

Yes you need to repair the oil level sensor in boat oil tank. That system is designed to stop oil transfer when low oil level signal(yellow light) is activated. So as long as yellow light is on auto oil transfer is inoperative.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the info

Thanks very much, that is the one part I have not replaced--might as well--its the cheapest one of all ..

Thanks again
      Bill

Comment

Working...
      X