Yamaha Fuel Management Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Fuel Management Meter

Just installed the Yamaha Fuel Management Meter on twin Yamaha F115s. Instructions seemed pretty straightfoward except I can not get the FMM to power on. I used a meter and verified I have 12V DC at the connectors for the gauge. I connected the + 12V to the yellow wire and gound to the black wire from the FMM and got nothing. I then tried connecting + 12V to the red wire from the FMM and nothing also. Jumpers set for gph and gps input. Blue wire from Garmin GPS connected to white wire from FFM gauge. Any ideas why gauge not powering on?

where'd ya get the gauge? you SHOULD be able to just apply 12 v and gr to power up.

Comment

I bought it new on eBay, looked like the guy sold a bunch of them with good feedback.

I just wasn't 100% sure if +12V should got to the yellow wire from the gauge or the red wire. From the rigging diagram I figured it was the yellow wire, but wasn't certain. So the gauge should light up with 0.0 once 12V is applied even with everything else disconnected?

Thanks

Comment

I am just in the process of instaling this instrument myself. I was surprised to find that it didn't power up just by connecting black and yellow to Gnd and 12V. I also had to connect the red to 12V, but then it powered up. So, you must connect 12V to both red and yellow.
        Yellow is switched 12V (comes on with the ignition key).
        Red is constant 12V used for memory functions in the instruments.

I do not have any instructions for this instrument. Does anybody have anything they can send me? I particularly need user instructions, and connection diagram for the GPS (NMEA) connector.
        Last edited by Rkov; 05-03-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks. that did the trick! Both yellow and red wire from the meter had to be connected to +12V. I have a pdf version of install documentation if you want it, just let me know your email address.

I found the document on this forum under a previous FMM post, but I will be happy to send it.

Comment

Yamaha fuel Management Meter

What say you know how to change my Gallon liter?Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Glennm99 View Post
              Thanks. that did the trick! Both yellow and red wire from the meter had to be connected to +12V. I have a pdf version of install documentation if you want it, just let me know your email address.

I found the document on this forum under a previous FMM post, but I will be happy to send it.
              my email is franca.victor@gmail.com

please send me

Thanks

Vitor França

Comment

on rear # 4 is gal or litre

Comment

Yamaha fuel Management Meter

Ok thanks for the atention

Comment

Working...
                  X