Can't geet past 5500 RPM w/ a 07' 250 HPDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't geet past 5500 RPM w/ a 07' 250 HPDI

I have a Z21 Ranger and I can't get the RPM past 5400-5500 RPM. I changed props and still nothing. I understand that the max is 5500 RPM for Yamaha, Yamaha and Ranger tested their Z21 at 5700 RPM. Any input as to what could be preventing me from exceeding 5400-5500 RPM would be appreciated. I have heard it could be the VST filter but don't want to go down the exporatory expense unless that seems to be unanimous.

If you have the VZ250TLR the operating range is 5000-6000 rpm's. Did you try a smaller pitch prop? Are you running at full trim?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I find it hard to beleive a 21P prop is what I need. Maybe in Colorado since the altidue issues but a 23M in Powell should have been fine. I am confident I have eliminated the Prop issue. Yes about the trim, I played with the jackplate and trim and found the sweet spot in Texas. With a 25M I hit 65 but only got 5500 RPM. If I was thinking I would have put my 23 on to see if there was a difference, was not thinking of couse....

Comment

5500 rpm's is ok, if you like the way the boats performs maybe you should leave it as is.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I want more speed, really hard to run 61 and the same model boat and motor screamed by me like I was sitting still. I should be pushing 70 at sea level and close to 70 at Lake Powell. Not sure what to do.

Comment

you should have checked what type of prop he was running.

Comment

Working...
            X