Compatible MultiFunc Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatible MultiFunc Gauge

I purchased a '08 85AETL (not sold in US, I know) and it came with everything except gauges. It did come with a compatible harness for a 703, but I needed and bought a single 704 and spliced the neutral to it. It has trim (2 wires) and I have the harness from engine to console.
    Would like to know which MultiFunc Gauge "works" with it and it's rigging
    Any help will be appreciated...

If it has one square 4 prong connector(off white in color) on motor for Trim/Oil harness then the 6YR-W0035-E2-00 multifunction tach kit will work. If it has two square 4 prong connectors on motor then order 6Y5-8350T-82-00 multifunction tach, 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness and 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge harness. If this is an non oil injection model(premix) then analog gauges without oil lights may be the best way to go.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      If it has one square 4 prong connector(off white in color) on motor for Trim/Oil harness then the 6YR-W0035-E2-00 multifunction tach kit will work. If it has two square 4 prong connectors on motor then order 6Y5-8350T-82-00 multifunction tach, 68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness and 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge harness. If this is an non oil injection model(premix) then analog gauges without oil lights may be the best way to go.
      What choices exist in Analog gauges? (it is a premix engine ) I do have a trim gauge and verified it's function with new flat harness, only uses 2 of the 4 wires. The trim gauge has 5 wires, blu n blk for illumination, 2 for trim, and one for ?

Comment

There are a number of analog gauges available, like the 6Y5-83540-14-00 Tach without oil lights shown at http://www.boats.net/_search/commonp...er=Yamaha&ID=5
        The trim gauge would need a harness going from trim sender on motor to trim gauge, not sure which harness will connect to the connector on your motor or you can do your own wiring to run pink and black sender wire to trim gauge.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X