06 f200 rigging help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 f200 rigging help

I just picked up a new 06 f200 motor for my grady. It came with new rigging but no wiring harnesses. the multitach is part # 6Y5-8350T-82. i have the main wire harness for the 703 remote, but need to know what tach harness i will need. I dont have the motor yet so i dont know what the plugs look like on the engine end. What else will i need to make this work? I would like to use my needle fuel and trim gauge that are already on the boat because i dont want "dead gauges or holes in my dash if i take them out and use the new digital speedo which has those options. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thanks!
    Ryan

You will need 6Y5-83653-10-00 Trim/Oil harness and possible 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge power harness for tach. The trim gauge is in tach and would be easier to use it rather than trim gauge in boat, you can install a water pressure or temp gauge in its place or put a gauge blank in hole. The fuel gauge will work fine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

how do i know if i need the gauge power harness that connects to the control or not. Shouldnt he gaugues just hook up to the motor. Or do they have to get power from the control box? Thanks!

Ryan

Comment

oh yea and im only going to put in the multi function tach not the speedo.
        THANKS

Comment

The gauges get power and tach signal from key switch by way of gauge power harness.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X