1999 90hp jet loses power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 90hp jet loses power

Have a 1999 90 hp jet (90TJRX) that all of a sudden lost power in the hole - can't get it on a plane anymore. Have had the boat for three years, ran Seafoam in fuel every other tank. I've rebuilt the carbs, fuel pump, completely redid the fuel from tank to carbs, compression tested. It holds cylinder head compression. New plugs, new black box, new jet sleeve, new water pump impeller, oil injector working perfect, done pretty much everything I can think of. Lots of $$ also spent at 5 star shop and no fix yet. Hit the throttle, motor hits 58 then drops to 45 immediately. Hot, cold, doesn't matter. Also have all the mechanics in town stumped.

Heard that the Alaska guides that have this motor disconnect the rev limiter and that might help, but don't know which wires to disconnect - yellow/white or pink/white. Any ideas?

Am at wits end trying to figure this out and could desperately use any help.

Thanks!
    Jon

is this a 2 or 4 stroke ??

sounds like youre dropping/losing a cylinder

try an aux tank, hose, ball hooked to motor filter to rule out the fuel delivery supply side

run on hose at around 12-1400 rpms, pull each plug
    at a time, ensure all are firing.

Comment

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
      is this a 2 or 4 stroke ??

sounds like youre dropping/losing a cylinder

try an aux tank, hose, ball hooked to motor filter to rule out the fuel delivery supply side

run on hose at around 12-1400 rpms, pull each plug
      at a time, ensure all are firing.
      2 stroke
      Ran moter with timing lt each cylinder all fire w new plugs high n low rpm

Did the fuel thing. Pulled tank shook up n down. blew out lines from tank to
      carbs. pumped ball high rpm no change. ran moter with out carb baffel on. Tons of fuel spraying. Thanks I think its rev limiter need to find out witch wire to disconect to bypass.

Comment

Working...
      X