F225 Changeout...Multi gauge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Changeout...Multi gauge question

I recently purchased an 03 F225 and am currently in the process of installing it. The motor supposedly came with everything I need unless I'm missing something I dont know about. I am at work right now so I will try and describe what I have to the best of my memory. The unit came with all the associated controls, yamaha ignition switch, multi function gauge (im pretty sure the 6Y5-8350T-82-00) and 2 cables. Basically I have everything to make this a plug and play operation. After I connect the cable with the round plugs from the motor to ignition, then the cable with 2 box style harness connections from the motor to the tach and match the bullet connectors by color from the tach to the ingnition switch there are a few bullet connectors (forgive me for not knowing color...I am at work) left over. The motor will crank and run, the tilt and trim on the control is working. What do I need to do with those last bullet connectors to make the multi gauge functional. Thanks in advance for your help.

You will need 6Y5-83553-N0-00 Gauge power harness that connects to wires(green,yellow,black and red wires)at key switch and goes to the bullet connectors on gauge in order to power up gauges.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks boats.net on your response. Does anyone by chance have a schematic or know the colors of the multigauge and each colors function.

Comment

Green tach signal
        Yellow 12 volts key on power
        Red 12 volts
        Black Ground
        Blue Backlight in gauge
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X