fuel gauge flashes one bar always; 3.1L VMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gauge flashes one bar always; 3.1L VMAX

1999 V225X with digital fuel gauge. When I purchased earlier this year on 2004 Paramount 21', the gauge worked properly. The first time I filled up, the gauge flashes one bar (near empty), and continues to do this even though I have run offshore and back several times. Is this electrical or is float stuck?

If you can get access to the sending unit in the tank ground the two wires together and wait a second and see if the multigauge fuel quantity shows full. If it does then the problem is a faulty sending unit in the tank. If it doesn't then it could be a disconnected wire on the back of the gauge or somewhere in between. Its most likely the sending unit in the tank. Stock float type sending units are prone to failure. I switched to the Centroid electronic sending unit and it's been super reliable. Here's a link to their site: http://www.centroidproducts.com/tableofc.htm . Once you get it calibrated (easy) it will be very accurate and reliable. Get the two wire sender and (5) 5mm x 30 stainless machine screws from the hardware store and it's about a 10 minute install job. Good luck.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X