Trim Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Gauge

I have a 2004 f150trxd motor. When I bought the boat it did not have a trim gauge. I was going to install one but do not know if the harness on the boat will have the correct connection. I was told that it would be an orange wire. When I looked at the back of the instrument panel it has 5 extra wires 2black, 2 yellow and a purple wire with a black stripe. The boat currently has a tach, speedometer, and gas gauge (not digital). Will all wiring harnesses have a connection for a trim guage? if the current wires are not right for a trim gauge can this be easily added?

You would have to install a harness(68F-82553-70-00 Trim/Oil harness) from the trim sender on motor to trim gauge. If you have aftermarket gauges then you would have to wire the pink from 68F-82553-70-00 harness to sender terminal on trim gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the info
      Any idea what the extra purple wire with black stripe is used for?

Comment

That would be wiring installed by boat manufacture, in most cases purple is 12 volt key on power.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have been tryiing to install a trim gauge on my 06 Alumacraft. I found the pink wire and black wire at the engine that is coming from the trim sending unit. The only pink wire I can find under the dash goes to the fuel guage.

Do I tee into the pink wire at the motor and run a wire up to the dash for the gauge?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by gfrinkrat View Post
            I have been tryiing to install a trim gauge on my 06 Alumacraft. I found the pink wire and black wire at the engine that is coming from the trim sending unit. The only pink wire I can find under the dash goes to the fuel guage.

Do I tee into the pink wire at the motor and run a wire up to the dash for the gauge?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
            The pink wire under dash is for the warning buzzer, you will need to run a harness from trim sender on engine to trim gauge.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X