? 150 hp Starting Indications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? 150 hp Starting Indications?

I own a 150 HP 2 stroke. Can anyone tell me what i should be seeing (normal indications) when you start the motor out of the water with earmuffs on? When it starts it runs at 1500 rpm right now and the water doesn't pee out the side.

use a thin piece of wire or mono to clear the tell tale of any debris that might collect there

does it stay at 1500 rpms after it warms up ??

Comment

I'l try cleaning it out in the morning. How long should it take to warm up ? I was afraid to let it run too long without the pee hole discharging properly. The engine hasn't been run for 3 years.
      Last edited by pancake; 04-18-2008, 10:47 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

ensure your buzzer and thermoswitch work by disconnecting pink and black and touching them together....so you can run safely.

Comment

Yam Tips, Running in a garbage can?

Ok I cleaned the pee vent and that is solved. Now i talked to the yamaha tech and he suggested i run the motor in a barrel with the prop removed. I'll let you guys know what happens next. Anyone ever do this and will a normal size plastic garbage can work? thanks

Comment

Still At High Idle?

OK i've run it a few times and still can't get the idle to reduce down to 800/900 RPMS from 1400. Can I get a few suggestions on what to look for or check. If i push on the carb linkage i can force it to lower but as soon as i release the linkage it increases back to 1400RPM. I am running it with earmuffs on and the prop on. I've tried carb cleaner but that didn't change anything.

I spoke with someone who says the engine will run rough and only on 4 cylinders till its put in the water (prop needing some resistance) but my ? is should the RPMS be that high? Shouldn't the RPMS drop when it warms up, is this normal when running on earmuffs out of the water?
            Last edited by pancake; 05-08-2008, 10:04 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

flusher idle

I have always found that when you are running the motor on the flusher it tends to idle faster than in the water. On some of mine I have had a problem in the water because I adjusted the idle when it was warm and on the flusher and once it went in the water it would always stall out. Remember the water is creating back pressure on the exhaust and this will tend to slow it down.

Comment

dash pot?

can you further expand on this dash pot? What do you mean? where and what is it. the motor is a 2001 150 HP HPDI Z150TLRZ.
                Last edited by pancake; 05-09-2008, 05:13 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Working...
                X