No announcement yet.

703 Control Box - Push / Pull throttle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 703 Control Box - Push / Pull throttle?

Hello,

Can someone give me some advice?

I have recently bought a 8HP that is set for remote control.

It seems that the 703 Control Box can either ship as a 'Pull' for throttle or 'Push' for throttle.

Most agents I have spoken to dont seem to think there is a difference when ordering.

There are a couple of 'pull' to open 703's on eBay and the listing parties say it can easily be converted to a 'push' to open with some mod plate from boats.net which I cant seem to find.

I have lifted the engine cown and you defintely need to push my throttle lever to open.

Does anyone know if a 703 box can be changed from pull to push?

The 703 has key switch and harness, if your motor is manual start then you could use a 701 control box. If your motor is elect. start use 703 push to open with 7 pin harness. If you have a four stroke with power tilt then you would push to open with 10 pin harness. The only way to change a 703 for different throttle operation is to replace the throttle arm inside control with one needed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

[QUOTE=chrispla;26370]Hello,

Can someone give me some advice?

I have recently bought a 8HP that is set for remote control.

It seems that the 703 Control Box can either ship as a 'Pull' for throttle or 'Push' for throttle.

Most agents I have spoken to dont seem to think there is a difference when ordering.

There are a couple of 'pull' to open 703's on eBay and the listing parties say it can easily be converted to a 'push' to open with some mod plate from boats.net which I cant seem to find.

I have lifted the engine cown and you defintely need to push my throttle lever to open.

Does anyone know if a 703 box can be changed from pu

Comment

Working...
      X