2004 F225 Four Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F225 Four Stroke

I am in need of 2004 rigging guide. I am looking to change out gauges to Yamaha digital and am confused. Some say there are different gauges for 05 and newer. Looking to change tachs and speedo. Any help would be appreciated.

For the 2004 motors you would use:
    6Y5-8350T-82-00 Multifunction Tach
    6Y5-83570-S5-00 Multifunction Speedo
    68F-82553-90-00 Trim/Oil Harness(connects to engine and gauges, 2 four prong connectors)
    6Y5-83553-N0-00 Gauge power/tach signal harness(connects to key switch and gauges)
    If you already have Yamaha gauges with warning lights you may not need wiring harness's.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for your help. The boat is already Yamaha rigged with Faria gauges on 2004 Polar. Do you think those harnesses will work?

Comment

Yes you will need the Trim/oil harness and recondmend using the power harness as well.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

a monkey wrench was just thrown in. I'm being told one motor is 2005.
          How can I tell the year of the motors for sure. I bought them new as a package on my 2004 boat

Comment

Get the model number off side of transom bracket, if last letter in model number is "C" then 2004, if "D" then 2005 model.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

one motor 2004 one 2005 can't believe they were rigged like that.
              Will the 04 and 05 gauges match?

Comment

Yes they will look alike. For the 2005 order a 2 gauge kit 6YR-W0035-F2-00(includes Tach, Speedo and harness's needed) then for the 2004 order 6Y5-8350T-82-00 Tach, 68F-82553-90-00 trim/oil harness and 6Y5-83553-N0-00 power harness.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Decided to use speedo on GPS and found part # 6YR-W0035-15. Is this the correct rig kit for my '05 and do I need a seperate power harness for the '04 or can I join with the '05 harness

Comment

No that tach kit will not work, I think it was about a 2000 kit.
                      Yes you will power harness for each tach.
                      Regards
                      Boats.net
                      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Can anyone tell me what Yamaha part # 6Y5-85721-F0 fuel management cable is use for

Comment

Thats the FMM lead to connect to the NMEA 0183 output of GPS unit if want to use GPS speed reading instead of Yamaha Speedo reading..
                          Regards
                          Boats.net
                          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

My NMEA oulets are plug type. Is there a different cable I can use? Or will this work with my Furuno Navnet system?

Comment

You want to use the NMEA 0183 output leads of GPS not the NMEA 2000 network of GPS. That is the only wire harness Yamaha has.
                              Regards
                              Boats.net
                              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                              X