salt water in fuel...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salt water in fuel...Help!

My nepew and I finally got out and got some dolphin this friday, on the way in I was a few hundred yards from our inlet when a huge yacht crossed in front of us. the seas were about 3 to 5 feet to begin with, and with his huge wake he made the waves were just crossing each other making it a little rougher than I anticipated. Well we got knocked around a bit in my 18ft center console which wasnt to bad but at that point my yamaha 115 four stroke stalled out. We were pretty low on fuel so I thought we ran out of gas. Tried to start it several times but no luck. well we got towed in too the boat ramp which was a blessing in itself. Thought we were out of gas. wrong.... the next morning I put in 12 gallons of fuel and were all ready to go out for more dolphin. I started her up and let her run a few minutes when she stalled out again. took the cover off and the float in the filter was floating which means water in the fuel. The first thing I did was look at the vent on the side of the boat and sure enough the the cap hap been broken off which means when that wave came up it submerged the vent and proceeded to suck some saltwater in the fuel tank. It is definitly through to the fuel injectors Im allmost positive. I tried all day to get her running but it didnt happen. If anyone out there can tell me anything it would be greatly apprecaited. I think at this point its going to cost a bundle to fix it. I killed both batteries trying to get her running. HELP!!!
    Last edited by simbadog; 04-14-2008, 08:31 AM.

for starters, empty motor filter, drain VST tank, remove plugs and turn over to expel excess fluids from cylinders.use a auxillary tank, ball and hose hooked to motor and try te get fresh clean fuel thru system. you may have to drain vst again to purge system. hopefully no damage was done and some more knowledgable with the F series will reply.

Comment

Working...
    X