Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead 25hp Yamaha

Hello all,

I have a 1998 4 stroke 25hp outboard on my dinghy and it has just died. I was idling in the harbor and she died a half dozen times and although it started again the running time became less and less so i knew that I had a problem.
    I put a couple of gallons of fuel in to make sure that the guage was reading correctly and also pulled the hose from between the fuel pump and carb to rule out fuel pump problems and that was pumping strongly.
    When back at my boat i pulled the plugs to check for a spark and there lies the problem, not the slightest spart to either plug and now i have no idea which way to turn but thought that I would check with this forum before going any further as im sure that it a simple relay or switch that i can change.

best regards and thanks for any help.
    Doug.

not familiar with that model OR HP but if it has any type of kill switch , try bypassing it.

Comment

Hi jb,

yesterday the motor started up and ran for an hour without problems and then this morning she wont start again. I did isolate the kill switch and that wasnt the problem but still a great suggestion.
      Any other ideas as to why she woulkd run like a champ one day and then not even a splutter the next?

regards,
      Doug.

Comment

Working...
      X