cut out problem 115 stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut out problem 115 stroker

cut out problem on my 115 2 stroke pre mix v4 1.7 not sure of age,after 3 months of inactivity due to high winds i finally planned a day out only to have motor run for 5 mins then cut out,got it home started instantly then cut again, checked for spark (none) seems when engine cools down it starts again? no alarm and no excessive heat on head could it be stator or some other electrical break down?? any ideas,Cheers Pete..

What is the model number?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi

Dont know if this is the model or serial number its on the plate on side of engine, 115.bet 6es ul 520737. Regards Pete.

Comment

It could the charge coil or CDI unit or a problem with ignition switch, stop switch. If you have another key switch and harness try that.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

i'll try that thanks buddy.

Comment

yeah ive got hold of a meter buddy (not too sure how to use the bugger tho)

Comment

unhook main harness at engine, run motor and see if problem still occurs..if so , then it is with motor...if not then with wiring/switch/frontend.

Comment

Cheers m8 will do.

Comment

cdi

Yeah ive found the problem its the CDI unit thats breaking down it stops and then kicks in when it feels like it!! Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                  X