oil detectable in water from exaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil detectable in water from exaust

Please advise where I can get technical assistance on why a 130.hp 2 stroke outboard motor is spitting oil mixed with water from main exaust on prop when starting up and then does not maintain ideling speed.

motor is almost new with 21 hours runtime.

worked fine until last weekend.

what need to be replaced ??
    Last edited by STEVEN; 04-11-2008, 05:43 AM.

most likely premix and a bad LP pump, unbolt, leave hoses intact, pump ball and if gas comes out of rear, diaphram is compromised.

Comment

WHERE SHOULD I UNBOLT AND THE HOSES?......IS THIS THE MAIN FUELLINE.....OR SHOULD EXPERT RATHER DO THIS ??

wHERE IS DIAFRAM SITUATED.....??

TKX

Comment

I had the same problem with a 91 250 and changed the pumps but still fuel out the prop. Any ideas?

Comment

I am confused. Are you getting oil or gas out the exhaust?

If it is oil then I am not sure the fuel pump will affect that.

Sometimes if the engine mounted oil tank is filling completely up and or you are storing the engine in the full up tilt position then excess oil will drain into the engine. This will cause a lot of smoke when you first start the engine and not all of the oil will be burned. The excess unburned oil is pushed out through the exhaust.

This will also could cause Idle problems from fouling until the engine gets rid of all the excess oil.

Have you run the engine at speed with a load on or have you just seen the oil when you are running the engine with water being provided through a hose?

Comment

Working...
          X