BAd Prop?????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAd Prop?????????????

I own a 05 ranger z comanche 20' with a yamaha 225 hdpi. In the last three trips i have spun the prop each time. Thinking that the first two times the hub was bad had it replaced. The 3rd time this happened the dealer was going to replace the entire prop. Instead of doing so he told me that the reason the prop is spinning is becuase of the way the motor exhaust is thru the prop and the water lines that assist in the removal of the exhaust must of fallen. The temperature inside the hub rises and the rubber in the hub then contractes losing connection with the prop causing it to spin. Has anyone else had problems like this or is this the dealer blowing smoke becuase he isn't sure what he is talking about. Just wondering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

never heard anything like that myself....please let us know your outcome.

Comment

The temperature inside the hub rises and the rubber in the hub then contractes losing connection with the prop causing it to spin.

First of all--when things heat up--they EXPAND--not shrink. Just look at the rubber and see if it is melted--that would show a excess of heat. If this is not the case (melted rubber) then he is blowing smoke somewhere.

Find a good prop shop and they should be able to handle thiss problem for ya.

H20SKE...

Comment

Working...
      X