Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question..When you buy a boat motor...should it come with battery wires..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question..When you buy a boat motor...should it come with battery wires..

I'm talking about the #6 gauge or whatever they are, that attach the motor to the battery.

When you buy a new motor, do they come with it, are they already attached? Or is this something that is more "custom fit" towards the boat, depending on the location of the battery?

Reason being, I sold my 1991 johnson 50HP with controls, in running condition, and the guy phoned me up crabbing today that I'm ripping him off by not including the battery cables..

I'm a reasonable person..and don't like anyone to feel shafted.. Should I give him the cables, or is this more of a fitted item to the boat?

I've never sold a boat motor before, and I'm not sure whats expected.

Thanks in advance, all comments are appreciated...for or against me..I'm ok with that...

Thanks
    Mike

Yamaha electric start models do come with battery cables. Prop, controls,control cables, gauges, key switch, harness, and gas tank have to be purchased separate.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I would think he should have received the cables also when he purchased the motor unless it was discussed before hand

Comment

Working...
      X