8hp Id help and parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8hp Id help and parts

I got this engine from a salvage of a dingy that we found off shore while doing search patterns one night. I have had the engine running, but now she is very difficult to start and when she does start it is difficult to her going. I did bring to a service dealer here in Rhode Island, USA and they claim they fixed her. Here are the numbers on the engine that I can read, I will use _ for numbers that I can not read: 8CM _1S 057149 under the 9 is an X. The only other numbers I can find are on the CD Ignition Unit (TIAOI-42A 69611), those "I" maybe 1 I am not sure. I know it is not much to go, but I would really appreciate any help. The guy at the service shop did say he thought it was European.
    If you have any links for parts lists or simular model I could look up on the Yamaha web site under manuals that would great. I am not sure of year either, so I was trying to go through all the years in the parts section of Yamaha to find a match no luck yet. It is also a two stroke not four.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Boats47
    Last edited by boats47; 03-20-2008, 03:08 PM.

The 8CM is probably an overseas motor, not sold in USA. A 8MSHU(USA Model) may be the same parts but not sure.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X