hooking up yamaha oil warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hooking up yamaha oil warning light

I have a 2005 f9.9elrd outboard with a 703 control box. I have a yamaha oil warning light I want to hook up. The warning light has two wires one is a yellow with red stripe and the other is a black wire. I have two wire that are not hooked up on the 703 control. One is black the other is blue. Do the wires from the oil light hook to the control box? If not how to I wire the oil light?

Thanks

It should have a oil light in front of cowling, you can extend that wire to where you want mount oil light.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

My motor does not have a warning light at the motor. Can I still hook up one of these warning lights?

Comment

Havn't tried to operate 2 lights at same time so not sure, you would probably have to disconnect one on engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I DONT have a light at the engine at all. I want to hook up one light at the console of the boat. It sounds like the connection I need is in the motor? Is there a special wiring harness I would need?

Thanks

Comment

FYI
            I looked your model up in the parts catalog here and it shows a oil light to the far right of where your stop button is.
            It is a rectangular light.
            If in doubt go to the parts catalog at the top of the page.
            Bill

Comment

I see the light in the parts catalog but my motor has no such light. The parts catalog does not show where the leads of the light go to. Do the leads go to the control box or are there leads in the motor that I would have to hook to?

Thanks

Comment

The yellow/red wire from light connects to yellow/red wire from CDI and black light connects to engine ground. Find the yellow/red wire at CDI unit and connect to your light.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X