225 4 Stroke 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 4 Stroke 2003

Hey Guys, I've Had A Problem With Motor Running Great All The Time. This Awsome Motor Did For Some Reason Just Shut Off While
    Circling Ramp And Would Not Restart. New Batterys, Plenty Of Fuel' Oil Level Perfect, Motor Has 207 Hrs, W No Problems.no Buzzers Or Warnig Lights And Motor Turns Over Fine, Im At A Loss
    But I Know It's Got To Be Something Simple, Also What Is A Good Scan Tool For Just Checking Engine Codes And Warnings.

Have you checked to see if it has spark at spark plugs or water in fuel?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Check your main fuse, I had the same problem with my 115, or it could be the safety kill switch. Good Luck !!!

Comment

Possible Vapor Lock Problem.

Originally posted by WES CUSCADEN View Post
        Hey Guys, I've Had A Problem With Motor Running Great All The Time. This Awsome Motor Did For Some Reason Just Shut Off While
        Circling Ramp And Would Not Restart. New Batterys, Plenty Of Fuel' Oil Level Perfect, Motor Has 207 Hrs, W No Problems.no Buzzers Or Warnig Lights And Motor Turns Over Fine, Im At A Loss
        But I Know It's Got To Be Something Simple, Also What Is A Good Scan Tool For Just Checking Engine Codes And Warnings.
        TECHNICIAN SAYS THERE HAS BEEN A VAPOR LOCK PROBLEM W/THESE MOTORS. ANY BODY ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM W 225 4 STROKES. TECH
        STATES THAT AFTER RUNNING FULL THROTTLE AND THEN SLOWING
        TO SAY 6 TO 8 KNOTS MOTOR WILL VAPOR LOCK ON SOME F225S

Comment

Working...
        X