F40TLR Rigging Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40TLR Rigging Wiring

I am rigging out my new 06 F40TLR and need some help. I am using a used 703 control box with the 10 pin connector cable and a new Yamaha tach 6Y5-83540-20. The start-stop, trim up-down, and the tach RPM work just fine.
    Questions:
    1. I hear no alarm buzzer test on start-up. Should I?
    2. Where do the tach wires, red with blue dot, green with red dot, and yellow with red dot, for the temp and oil alarm lights in the tach go to on the engine? Do these light-up when the key is swtched on? I tried connecting the red and green to a open, mating, square plug on the the lower left side of the engine and connecting the yellow to the switched positive but did not seem to get any response from the lights??

Any help or advice would be apprciated. A source for an engine wiring diagram would be great!!
    Snark

No Yamaha does not have a self test on start up for warning buzzer. The analog gauge does not have a self test for lights either only digital gauges. You should have a harness(part num 6Y5-83653-10-00) connected to the 4 prong connector on tach going to 4 prong connector on engine to operate warning lights in tach.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X