Speedometer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer Problem

I just installed a new digital Yamaha speedometer (boat was repowered recently and didn't change it then). The speed is not registering accurately. Up on plane it will register 8 or 10 mph and the gps shows 30 mph. It did register the proper speed the first time out but not since. I changed the speedometer tubing and I am still having the same problem. All of the switches on the back of the gauge are in the right position for mph. Every other function of the gauge is working fine. Any ideas on what could be causing the gauge to not read accurate speed?

HI, did you check the plastic thingy that the tubing connects to at the transom for obstruction ?
    Dennis

Comment

The only plastic thing I saw was the little connecter coming from the tubing from the engine (under the cowling). It appeared clear. I did notice small pockets of air in the tubing after running the boat.

Comment

clog in motor speedo tube?

Comment

Is there a certain procedure for cleaning out the speedo tube coming from the lower unit? Thanks for the help.

Comment

look at the leading edge of the lower unit for the stainless tube...use a small drill bit by HAND to try to clear the clog.

Comment

Great. Thank you for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X