Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New motor stuck in reverse

Anyone,

I'm having problems with an essentially new Yamaha LZ200. It worked fine for a couple of days but now, whenever the motor is started, it is stuck in reverse and will not shift out of reverse. I'm running it on an Angler 2600cc. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd truly appreciate them.

motor shouldnt start in rev , sounds like your neutral stop is loose and also hindering throttle from moving.

rem 4 blk screws, move shfter F or R, lift off cover,rem 4 mount screws, lift out shifter, rem blk cover and you might have to remoce cables to access switch....look for the brown wired switch.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbo2000 View Post
      Anyone,

I'm having problems with an essentially new Yamaha LZ200. It worked fine for a couple of days but now, whenever the motor is started, it is stuck in reverse and will not shift out of reverse. I'm running it on an Angler 2600cc. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd truly appreciate them.
      Since it's new, why not take it back where you bought it and make it their problem?

Tim

Comment

New Yamaha motor

Problem is, I moved and now live and work in Ghana (West Africa). So, unfortunately, I'll be doing any necessary work on the motor.

Comment

Check the shift cable connections on engine, the shift cable may have popped out of holding bracket in lower engine cowling.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
          X