2002 225 OX66 Electrical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 225 OX66 Electrical?

Run a pair of 225 OX66's. Starboard engine is giving me fits. At first run in the am will run perfect for a given time until engine is good and warm. As you are running after engine warm if boat takes a good hit from seas the engine will lose alll power for a milisecond, dropping from 500 to 1500 rpms and then fire right back up. If you shut down for 5 to 10 minutes to cool down will run again for a while until heats up and then again if the engines get shocked from a wave hit will lose power again. If running on smooth water it does not happen. Have gone through all connections while on the water running and pounding pulling / pushing trying to get it to happen myself, but, to no avail. I have an idea in my head but want to see what any thoughts are. Had in the shop telling the whole story and after $800 was told it was a bad oil tank and plugs. Right!!!!! Wont be back there.

Those type of problems are hard to troubleshoot.Check the wire connection on engine for corrosion and all ground wire connections. There is a relay(65L-81950-01-00) in electrical box that could cause it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X