Corrosion killed my 225 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrosion killed my 225 2002

Corrosion at #6 cylinder messed up the block and head.560 hours on the motor.I quess flushing wont keep the satwater form eating up the block.Motor looks like new and because i am 72 decided to just take the little trade in and get a new 225.Yammy should have this problem solved by now.I took a royal screwing due to corrosion i had no idea was going on inside my motor.Extended Warranty ran out around Aug.Was also told that was not covered anyway? New motor runs great but for how long???

Question - did you ever change the 4 zinc anodes internal to the block? They are located between the spark plug holes and about the size of a wine bottle cork cut in half. You should have 4 of them. I changed mine on my F225 after 300 hours and was surprised at how much they "sacrificed" themselves - and I flush 100% of the time.

At ~$18 each, they're not cheap but I think they are more important to swap out than the zincs you can see with your eyes (trim tab and bottom of bracket).
    Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Originally posted by HMBJack View Post
      Question - did you ever change the 4 zinc anodes internal to the block? They are located between the spark plug holes and about the size of a wine bottle cork cut in half. You should have 4 of them. I changed mine on my F225 after 300 hours and was surprised at how much they "sacrificed" themselves - and I flush 100% of the time.

At ~$18 each, they're not cheap but I think they are more important to swap out than the zincs you can see with your eyes (trim tab and bottom of bracket).
      I currently have a 2003 Yamaha 200 four stroke, and am wandering if there is anything special to replacing the internal zinc anodes?

Comment

easy to change, more difficult if they have been in there awhile...

I had to drill into one a little and lightly insert a screw then pull it out.

Fun fun!!!

Comment

I tried replacing mine on my 89s and only got one out......

Comment

Working...
          X