Digital Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Gauge

Does anybody have the Yamaha file for the round combination speed/fuel gauge? This file (information sheets ) gives information on installation, setup, calibration, etc. I am particularly interested in connecting my GPS to the gauge for a better speed reading.

I sent you some information on Speed/Fuel gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Let me know if you get the GPS connection to work. I hooked mine up last weekend and the results weren't what I expected.

I may have madea a mistake in wiring and I'm going to recheck today--but I sure went slowly and caerfully. The speed didn't register until i ht 5-6 MPH and when I wnet to reset the swithces on the back of the guage --they were already set to GPS so it sems the precious owner had it set that way and ehn they traded boat in it never got set back after the GPS was removed.

By the way, the speedometer function worked fine before I hooked up GPS with the swiches set improperly--to bizarre !!!

Comment

The GPS and Speedometer will need to share the same ground in order to work properly, you might try to move the ground wire from speedo to same ground terminal as GPS.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          I sent you some information on Speed/Fuel gauge.
          Boats.net
          I never received the info, could you email it to me

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
            The GPS and Speedometer will need to share the same ground in order to work properly, you might try to move the ground wire from speedo to same ground terminal as GPS.
            Thanks for the tip--will check it out this weekeend. I did check wiring and had a few things that needed changed in connections to VHF DSC. That all works propery now so the ground issue should be last step.

Does it make sense that the guage would work to some dgree with the switches set for GPS and NO gps connected properly?

Will also work on spelling--my last last message was pretty bad--

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
              Boats.net
              I never received the info, could you email it to me
              emailed it again, if you don't get it send me a private message with your email address so I can try again.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
              X