Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat suddenly "breaking"

Hi All,

I have two problems that I need advice on. My engine is Yamaha F115 AETL 2002.

At cruising speed the engine suddenly loose all power (not shutting down)…It feels like the boat gets stuck on a net or rope and breaks suddenly. Some time ago I got the code 28 flashing (shift position switch), but not anymore. Can there be a connection? This doesn’t happen often only maybe once a day but when it happens we are all thrown forward due to the speed. After a new start-up the engine runs fine.

Second question: Code 49 has been flashing constantly for the entire season (never before). Boats explained that it meant that ignition timing is being slightly corrected (when starting a cold engine). I don’t notice any issues on the engine so my question is if there is a need / or how to correct it.

I am ordering parts for next season so I would appreciate you input so I could include parts (if needed) to resolve this two problems.

All the best,

Josef

Probably need to connect engine to computer diagnostic while running to see whats going on.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X