Yamaha still spitting at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha still spitting at idle

Hi again. I have twin 1990 200 yamahas with good compression. One is still spitting back thru the exhaust at idle. This causes it to stall sometimes. It runs good otherwise thru the power band. I have cleaned and boiled all three carbs as you have previously suggested. My question is, do you think I have a bad carb somewhere? And if so, how can I determine the one that is bad? Or do I have to replace all three carbs and hope for the best.

Thanks Gary

why would you replace the carbs?? you just need to rebuild them. Also us compress air to clean them out.

Also do a link and Sink first then carb cleaning. Sounds like it is running lean.

Larry

Comment

What is a link and sink? The low speed jet is not replaceable. It is molded into the housing.

Comment

sink your linkage. sink = synchronize

Comment

spitting back out exhaust......

what exactly do you mean by that... GAS is coming out of exhaust?

and could you explain your procedure of boiling the carbs ?

Comment

I soaked the carbs over night in cleaner then blew every thing clean with compressed air. Is there a way to determine what carb is the offender.

The linkage is good as far as I can tell. The engine runs smooth while in gear at idle and does not spit back, and hits 5000 rpms at wot

Comment

Linkage just needs to be ajusted. Check the manual for specs..

Comment

Ok, I have the service manual and I will go over all the linkage

Thanks Gary

P.S. Funny thing today. When I went out for a run today it didnt spit or sneeze out the exhaust today. The temperature outside here was 49 degrees, so I think that effected the lean condition and made it run smoothly

Comment

Working...
                X