Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Yama 200 PB alarms

Background:
    Not run for 2 months. Just installed new Water-fuel sep. Put on water yesterday for test run. Ran it various speeds to test out newly pitched prop. ran wide open for about half the time. About 5 miles of running the alarms started going off on the guage.
    Alrm sounded and got the three arrows pointing at the temp, oil, and fuel...the whole thing lit up and the engine started to shut me down. I was able to bring it back to idle and run it at 2000 rpms. any time i tried to throttle back up, it would sound the alrms and light the guage back up again. I shut it down and waited about 10 minutes. I throttled up and was able to go wide open for about 50 yards before it alrmed again.
    I idled at about 2300 rpms for about 15 minutes and tried to throttle back up. I ran for about a quarter of a mile and it alarmed again and shut me back down to idle.
    I took it in on idle from there.
    I received no owners manual with the boat so I'm trying to find out what this could be and how I, a nonmechanic, can remedy this?

Thanks
    Matt

where are both oil tank levels ?

if at OK levels then most likely a waterpump need to be replaced. while at it have the thermostats done and Pressure relief valve done also.

Comment

The 3 bars(lights on older gauges) on bottom right side of tach is oil level indicators. If oil level is ok then the all 3 bars or(green light on older gauge) will show, if oil tank in boat gets low on oil the middle bar will flash(yellow light on older gauge), if oil tank on engine gets low on oil the all three bars(red light on older gauge) will flash. Check the oil tank on engine, if oil level is at or below the lower line on tank it will activate the warning.
      You can go to http://www.yamaha-motor.com/ and view or print the owners manual.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X