Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f200txr Is not idling or running well, getting a code 29

Help,

When out on the boat today to show it off to my mom. We took off from the local harbor and cruised around for a while. Boat was idling great, and then all of a sudden the ignitions started to skip. Thought it was a fuel problem, so rush back to the back of the boat to pump the fuel primer. Ignition skipping stopped. Then all of a sudden it started again, skipping and then stalled. I started it back up and it idled for about a second then stalled again. One last time starting it and got it idling, then throttling her up and she back fired and stalled. So I shut her down and turn on the kicker and got my mother and I back to the launch ramp.

Hooked up the YDS and got a code 29, but would this code cause my motor to do all this? If it was a carburetor motor it would have sounded like a fuel problem. I know a code 29 is an intake air pressure sensor. Below I will add the YDS results.

How often do these sensors go bad? Would this sensor also create this condition describe above?

Diagnosis
    Code Item Result Condition
    29 Intake press sensor Irregular Out of specification

Monitor Item Result Unit
    Engine speed 0 r/min
    Intake pressure 34.76 inHg
    Atmospheric pressure 31.6 inHg
    Battery voltage (12-16) 12.6 V
    TPS voltage (0.5-4.5) 0.679 V
    Throttle valve opening (-1-90) -0.5 deg
    Fuel injection duration 0 ms
    Ignition timing - deg
    ISC valve opening 67 %
    Engine temperature (below 248) 116 °F
    Intake temperature (below 158) 77 °F
    Oil pressure (below 122) 0 psi

just because its showing a code does not mean the sensor is bad. Check as many wire connectors and grounds you can. Pull the sensor out it should be clean and dry

Comment

Well I cleaned all the filters vst and also took of the intake air pressure sensor, and the ISC and cleaned them off with some carb cleaner. Put everything back together.

Not sure how to clear off codes from ecm, but deleted it from the yds records then turned off yds and then turn engine key back to the off postions.

Then turn back key to on, turn on computer and loaded YDS. Checked the records and got this:

Still getting error code 29?? How do I reset???

Diagnosis Record
      Total hours of operation 882
      Code Item Occurred
      29 Intake press sensor 882.9

Engine Monitor
      Monitor Item Result Unit
      Engine speed 0 r/min
      Intake pressure 115.05 kPa
      Atmospheric pressure 1066.7 hPa
      Battery voltage (12-16) 12.7 V
      TPS voltage (0.5-4.5) 0.679 V
      Throttle valve opening (-1-90) -0.5 deg
      Fuel injection duration 0 ms
      Ignition timing - deg
      ISC valve opening 67 %
      Engine temperature (below 248) 115 °F
      Intake temperature (below 158) 89 °F
      Oil pressure (below 122) 0 psi
      Engine stop lanyard switch OFF
      Shift position switch ON

Comment

clear off code 5 times and code came back 5 time. Ordered a new intake air pressure sensor today. Let you guys know what happens after I replace it.

Comment

I have worked on some yamahas and the idle speed control was no good.

Comment

Wayne,
            Where were you a mth ago. LOL. Ya, replaced the intake air pressure sensor, and retested, bad sensor again. un-hooked the ISC and the pressure on the yds turn out perfect also no errors. Look like bad ISC. Thx again for the confirmation. Purchased a new ISC last thursday from Jessia here at boats.net.

Will be here tomorrow. And give you guys the follow up..

Larry

Comment

wayne, thx again. also thx boats.net for parts. got the boat running again by replacing the ISC also since I purchased the Intake air pressure sensor I replace that too..

Larry

Comment

awesome glad to give good advise

Comment

Working...
                X