Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corrosion yamaha f 150

hello
    i had to take off the power head on my yamaha f150 2004 to fix an oil leak and the mechanic told me the block and the mid section are very corroded at the exhaust pipe.the thickness of the wall is gone by half already,the corrosion is coming from the inside going out,not on the water jacket side, so it's not a bad flushing probleme .the engine is about 800 hours and it's a very common probleme on these four strokes yamaha, the mechanic says ....
    does anyone knows anything about that?
    frenchy

This is not normal.
    Have you been changing the internal anodes on the powerhead?
    This might explain your accelerated corrosion. Not sure.
    Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

yamaha corrosion

hello
      this engine have been serviced every 100 hours since new,the engine anodes have been cleaned, brushed or replaced as often as needed, and again, the corrosion deos not come from the water jacket, but from the exhaust pipe , from the inside out.
      mechanic told me some guys are running their 4 strokes yamaha with a tiny bit of 2 stroke oil in the fuel to void this probleme.
      yamaha gurus, what do you think?
      thank's for your help
      frenchy

Comment

You say from the inside of the exhaust pipe. Do you mean the exhaust tuner? Does your engine spend more than normal time tilted down in the water when not in use? Do you have a jack plate? How high is the engine mounted? As far as using 2 stroke oil in with gas seems like a good idea but is NOT recomended. Yamaha claims the oil molcules are to big to fit thru the VST screen and injector filters. Why would adding oil to the fuel help with corrosion anyway?

Comment

hello
          what do you call :exhaust tuner? i am talking about the exhaust canal, the exhaust pipe where the exhaust fumes are going through in the mid section.
          at the junction between the power head and the mid, the thickness of the aluminium is gone by half.
          the engine never stay down in the water when not in use, and the engine is mounted on the transom, no jack plate, and it is on a hurricane 19' sundeck.
          frenchy

Comment

anodes 2005 f150 4 stroke

Are there engine anodes that need to be replaced in the power head on this 150 four stroke also?

Comment

Working...
            X