99 Saltwater 115 Rigging Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Saltwater 115 Rigging Questions

I am repowering a Dolphin 16 Backcountry Flats Skiff with a Saltwater 115 replacing a Mercury 115. I have purchased the main remote harness, a 704 binnacle remote control and the ignition switch/kill switch panel. I have the Yamaha rigging instruction sheet and the Yamaha service manual, but they are not very clear on rigging. I'd appreciate any help someone might be able to give by answering the following questions:

1. The rigging sheet shows something coming out of the motor that is

to have a minimum of 16" bend diameter. I'm assuming that's the remote control cables, but that's a guess. It might be the fuel and oil hoses. Does anyone know what the sheet is referring to?

2. The rigging sheet shows what is apparently a hose from the engine to a water pressure gauge. I was using a water pressure gauge on the Mercury so I'd like to hook it up, but the previous owner didn't use this so there's no hose on the motor. does anyone know where the hose is supposed to hook up? I imagine I'll have to remove a plug and install a fitting, but I haven't been able to find any reference to this in the information I have.

3. I came to this site from a new link that said that the Yamaha rigging guide was online here, but I can't find it. Is it really online here?

4. I also have a temperature gauge in the console that I never hooked up on my Mercury. Is there a place to put a temperature transducer on the engine to drive a Teleflex temperature gauge?

5. As best I can tell, if I hook up the main harness, then hook the remote control and start/kill panel to that, my tach up to the green wire from the start/kill panel. hook up the oil pump harness, oil and fuel lines, remote control and steering cables, speedometer tube, and the battery l'll be good to go. Did I miss anything?

Thanks,

Al

1. The controls cable require a large radius.
    2. The mercury water pressure gauge will work if you order a adapter(MAR-WPRES-AD-TR) that mounts on top of block on port side in front of cylinder head.
    3. The Rigging Guide has been removed, Yamaha requested us to remove it.
    4. The Mercury temp gauge will not work on Yamaha motors.
    5. Looks good, you might want to add oil(50:1 premix) to gas to make sure engine is getting oil until the air is purged from oil injection system.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Temperature Gauge

Thanks for your answers.

My gauge is actually a Teleflex. Is there a sensor for Teleflex international series that will fit the S115?

Comment

The Teleflex temp gauge requires the Teleflex temp sensor which bolts to cylinder head. Remove the sensor from old engine and install it on new engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Rigging Manual

Is ther any place I could get the Yamana rigging manual. I have to change the control cables for my two s150 and it will be helpful. I don't trust the way the ones I have are currently installed.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
          X