Need help W/ 150 HPDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help W/ 150 HPDI

boat simptoms: sometime when I get the boat to 4000 rpms it drop 500 rpms without moving the throttle and stays at 3500 and then w/o ntice go back to normal rpms.. it also does it at slow speed, so far I've taking it to two shop and they can't figure it out.. we have changed the vapor separator filters and clean and adjust it.. we have put fuel stabilizer, ck the water separator, ck all the ground cables connection and cleaned, the last thing I've did today it was to run it till the problem came back and I discconnected the throtle position sensor and the rpms went back up. The sensor on my eng it's adjustable but the eng is 2001 don't knpw if the sensor is going out.. Have any of you had similar ghost on your boat??? I appreciate any help, Lost the last three week of fishing and two charters and my hair it's getting grey.

What year is the motor?

What year is the motor? How many hours on it? Did they test the mechanical fuel pumps? Can you pump the primer ball up firm with the motor off? If not, probably one or both mechanical fuel pump diaphragms could be bad. Did they test the oxygen sensor? Do you use Ringfree or Seafoam in the gas? What color is the primary fuel filter there under the hood? If its brown change it, it should be yellow. Check that your TPS voltage is .62v at idle and near 5.0v at WOT. Do you have a Yamaha service manual for the motor?

-Mike

Comment

Working...
    X