Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 200 txrs bogs @accel.

hey folks,

i have a 1994 yamaha 200 txrs and just started having an intermitent problem. engine would bog upon acceleration at about 3600 rpms. when it starts to bog down i would de-accelerate slowly to idle and then i would power back up and all then all would be fine for awhile (15 - 30 mins) then problem would resurface. any suggestions on where to look first ? motor has original fuel pumps and original carbs. neither have been rebuilt or replaced. sound like a fuel problem or does it ? any help would be appreciated.

thanks, stoney
    20' grady white 200 yamaha
    san francisco

first i would try an auxillary tank , ball and hose hooked to your motor filter and run.

if that doesnt change anything then youll need to clean carbs....try choking while running...if this helps then carbs are dirty.
    you can locate the dirty one/s by pulling plugs while running, listening for NO sound/rpm change. OR, pull airbox and choke each throat with your finger, listening for an INcrease in rpms or smoother idle .

Also, they Do need to be rebuilt AND new lp pumps wouldnt hurt.

Comment

New fuel pumps....

Yes, I agree, new fuel pumps. Can you pump up your primer ball firm with the motor off? If not, one or both fuel pumps are bad. Use Ringfree or Seafoam in the gas too.

-Mike

Comment

Sounds like dirty carbs to me, high speed pick up tubes. The orifices are very small. Idle circut is very small. Amazed that is not clogged up and coughing away.
        2000 Wellcraft 270 Coastal Tournament Edition
        Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

thanks for the replies, i use ring free religiously and i de-carb every season. i will try to squeeze the bulb hard and see what happens . i have on order fuel pumps and carb kits. regarding the carb kits, how difficult is it to rebuild these outboard carbs. i have rebuilt automotive carbs before, i used to soak the carbs in chem-dip after i took them apart but now the chem-dip is not available. do these carbs need any special cleaning? any help would be appreciated.

thanks, stoney

Comment

Working...
          X