1997 225EFI overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 225EFI overheating

I recently had one of my 225's rebuilt - new block, the works. I've had it out a few times, and the last two runs I got an overheat alarm on the rebuilt engine. Limped back on one. No obstructions in the intakes, and it was pissing as strong as the port engine.
    I pulled the tstats the last time, and the housings were both dry. The water pump was changed out during the rebuild. Any suggestions?

pump, stats and prv.... next step is to check water jackets.

Comment

prv?

jb123

What is a prv ? Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I am new to this outboard thing. I have a LZ250 HPDI and want to learn as much as I can. I just recently replaced the water pump and insert myself. Last week, I also had the dealer do the oil pump replacement as per sevice bulletin 2007-011. I know of the hp pump (in fact I have an extra one from a 200hp HPDI that was sunk) and I know there is a low pressure pump,but ,I wasn't aware that there was more than one lp pump. Sorry, polecat210, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Thanks
      Paul

Comment

PRV is the pressure reduction valve, or 'poppet' valve - little piece of plastic that can cause big problems.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've got the guy who rebuilt it coming over tonight to hopefully get this straightened out.

Comment

Working...
          X