over heating v140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over heating v140

hi- new on this site. i have a yammy v140, started to get an alarm, replaced doggy looking water pump kit complete with housing-alarm back, replaced both thermostats- alarm back, freed up sticking prv- alarm back, removed exhaust cover- looks mint, good stream out pee tube when running on flushing ears. must be over heating alarm cause alarm disappears when you remove the sensors from the heads. can any one help, thanx. great site

overheats in water or on hose ?

Comment

both, thought i had it sorted when replaced pump housing, more water flow, etc but still came on after a longer period

Comment

the prv parts are only like $5.

next step is to clean out water jackets.

Comment

is that a major? heads off? wat i cant understand is there was neva any alarms at all then its on constantly. would clogged water jackets do that?

Comment

analog or digital gauges?
            what was the condition of the impeller when replaced?
            mayb pieces are stuck in water tube..
            you have successfully rebuilt a waterpump before? they CAN be a lil tricky...

you may want to test the sensors in hot water or measure heads with IR tester.
            and its just the jackets, not heads to be removed...
            Last edited by jb123; 09-17-2007, 06:55 AM.

Comment

anolog. when the problem first happened- the impellor was intact but was cracked along the boss bit, i thought it mite be turning on the shaft. i replaced just the impellor, but later did the whole kit and housing. it seems a lot bets, more water from the pee pipe and lower leg holes. i only freed up the prv valve as couldnt get one. if u shim the spring- wat does that do?

Comment

wen i reinstall the exhaust covers, i think i will remove the lower unit and run the motor with a hose on the water intake pipe to block. this will determine if the alarm is still there or not and whether its a pump/ lower unit problem or higher up

Comment

just an update, removed and cleaned water jackets, and all good

Comment

Working...
                  X