Yamaha f250 - hard to turnover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f250 - hard to turnover

Just bought a new 282 Scout with twin 250's;. When I turn the key for the port engine - gauges go blank & engine makes a half turn - then seems to die. No clicking & if I keep the key turns after about a second or two engine turns over. Does not leave me with much confidence. Starboard engine starts fine

Anyone hear of a problem like this before - engine does not click like battery is dead but I am afraid to go offshore wth this. Dealer says there is no problem

sounds like a dead battery to me, have you charged it, put batt switches to all ? you can also swap batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Carson View Post
      Just bought a new 282 Scout with twin 250's;. When I turn the key for the port engine - gauges go blank & engine makes a half turn - then seems to die. No clicking & if I keep the key turns after about a second or two engine turns over. Does not leave me with much confidence. Starboard engine starts fine

Anyone hear of a problem like this before - engine does not click like battery is dead but I am afraid to go offshore wth this. Dealer says there is no problem
      Our 2005 F200 has similar symptoms - sometimes it just cranks a tiny bit and then quits. If I then back off and try again, it starts fine. It has been doing that since it was new and has never failed to start. It doesn't help the confidence, but it has not let us down.

Tim

Comment

also ,you may want to check all battery cable ends for a loose connection, even at batt switch.
        if you hve enough harness, you can also swap keyswiches and see if the problem stays with switch or motor.

DOES suck to have such a simple issue with a new rig.

Comment

cranking battery

make sure you have a big enough battery and if you havent got rid of the wing nuts yet put lock nuts on terminals . some time they put the cheapest battery in and that does not help the propem

Comment

This sounds exactly what it is doing - I have had the whole battery board replaced. Problem is that it has left me stranded - 5000 rpm - 50mph both engines shut down. Only one restarted. Had both battery switches replaced - but this weekend started to do the same thing again. DEealer said these engine's alts dont put out a lot of power. I am just frustrated - are there lemon laws like cars?

Comment

Working...
            X