F225 Water pump Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Water pump Service

Is the water pump service relatively easy for a basic backyard mechanic? I've done them before on mid 90's OMC motors but not on a newer Yahama...I have a Cylmer service manual...

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/t...145363&start=1

There is the discriptions in full on how to change pump.. have fun..

Larry

Comment

F225 Water Pump replacement

Does anyone know if Yamaha has a water pump service kit? part number and approximate cost? I'd rather use a kit that has all the parts instead of trying to order all the little parts, seals, etc...

Comment

boats.net has the best prices, call them ask for the kit, around $50 and if you need a housing, like another $50.

you might want to consider changing the upper seals under the pump plate also.

I do all the water parts at once,once a year: pump, prv and stats.
        a little maintenance goes a long way and doesnt leave you wishin you were back at the dock.

Comment

Originally posted by jb123 View Post
          boats.net has the best prices, call them ask for the kit, around $50 and if you need a housing, like another $50.

you might want to consider changing the upper seals under the pump plate also.

I do all the water parts at once,once a year: pump, prv and stats.
          a little maintenance goes a long way and doesnt leave you wishin you were back at the dock.
          What is a "PRV"?

Comment

I just changed the water pump and all 6 zinc anodes) on my F225 after 305 hours. Followed the picture tutorial above and it was "medium to easy" for me but that was my first time and I was a little nervous. Second time I do it - it will for sure be "easy". I'm glad I changed the impellor as three blades had slight cracks in them. I'll do the water pump change again at 500 or 600 hours. Already ordered my parts from this website. Good luck!
            Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Working...
            X