• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 Ox66 Sws

1999 225 OX66 SWS

Hi Fellas,

May need help with this.....I generally cruise at 4200 RPM's
    Coming home Fri afternoon, throttled up to 4200 and it sits there for 5-10 seconds then comes back to 36-3700 where she'll sit for 2-3 seconds...then comes back up to 4200 where it stays for 5-10 seconds....then back down to 36-3700 where she sits again for 2-3 seconds, then back up to 4200.....this process goes on and on and on...same symptons.....I should note, this only happens above 3000 rpm's and the "drop" is always the same (600+- rpms). It sounds good, no cough/sputter etc, no smoke...it's a smooth increase/decrease, almost as if someone is throttling up and down...it's also not a sharp or sudden increase/decrease. Saturday the wind blew so I checked and swapped out the plugs and water seperator filter though all looked clean...Sunday I fished again and had the same problem. I spoke to my mechanic who will HOPEFULLY get a chance to look at it Tuesday or Wednesday. I mentioned to him the possibility of it being the VST screen or a fuel pump issue and he said (again without looking at it yet) that it sounded to him like a coil problem or possibly a spark plug wire(s) being bad and that's where he'll look first. He said if it was a fuel starvation issue it probably would not be recovering so quickly. Any opinions? Also I should mention, I do not have a fuel flow monitor, but it seemed to me Sunday's trip gave me HORRIBLE fuel burn numbers. I think I burned a TON more fuel than I normally would have on the trip I took.

http://www.boatsetup.com/O2sensor.pdf

Comment

Thanks,

the O2 sensor has come to mind, but I do not have poor acceleration, lack of power, excessive smoking, or poor idle quality but I'll have him check and clean that also while he is under there.

Comment

Thanks for this link, I run an sx250z and lx250, a lot of my run time is with one engine at slow ***** 2.5 gals a hour. I did not clean the o2 until 1500 hrs.
        I will now do it at every year end.

Comment

Working...
        X