No announcement yet.

New Yamaha suggestion & 25hp with TNT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yamaha suggestion & 25hp with TNT?

I have a 1987 Yamaha 40 that I am thinking about replacing. It looks like my choices are a 25 hp and a 50 hp in 2 stroke. Can the 25 hp be ordered with a power tilt or TNT? I must say I really don't want to go down in hp and go from a 3 cyl to a 2 cyl but the 25 hp is only 106 lbs so it looks really good.

Also I think the weight should be about the same from my 1987 40, model (40ETLH) to a new 50 hp, can you confirm? The current 40hp I have is as much weight as I care to go with.

I want to stay with a 2 stroke motor to keep the weight down. I also would like to reuse my existing controls and maybe add a tach.

BTW: I am not sure I want to say what size boat I am thinking about installing the 50hp on, lol. But I will any how. The boat is a 13' fiberglass skiff.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.
    Terry

The 25 2 stroke is not available power trim and only comes in a 15 inch shaft length. The 50 is a 20 inch shaft length. We still have some 40TLRD in stock so check with your local dealers to see if they have any available.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X