F100 1999 dies at 2500rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F100 1999 dies at 2500rpm

I have a 1999 Yamaha F100 4-Stroke, 3 mounths ago I had water in the fuel. I cleaned fuel line, fuel/water separator, and carbs. Now the engine works fine in neutral but in gear at 2500 rpm it splutters and dies. If I open the throttle at max in one shot it goes fine and I can go from 3000 to 5500 rpm without any problem. Under 3000 it returns to splutter. I have tried to tune the pilot mix screw, I have tried a separate tank but i have not solved the problem . The guy of assistence that cleaned my carbs thinks may be a carb syncro problem.

Thanks for any help.

It may be carb's out of sync.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

sole, there are a couple other things you might check in addition to carb sync. fuel filter/ strainer under cowling ( probably been there but thought i'd mention it) also in the fuel lines at the carb inlets there is another strainer that can get plugged. also check inside and clean fuel pumps as they can collect crud especially when water has been present. they are pretty easy to disassemble, if you can stick a wire to hold the screw nuts in the back you can leave them on the motor. good luck
      hali285@gci.net

Comment

u may have to change the filter several times.

i got a bad tank of gas once. i'd drive till it sputtered replace the filter....drive till it sputtered...replace the filter. get the picture.
        plus, dry gas

Comment

Thanks Hali285 I'll try to clean fuel pump. Filter/stainer under cowling is already cleaned.

Sorry Dennyg, which filter have you replaced? And which picture are you writing about?

Thanks to everybody for the replies.

Comment

Working...
          X