Yamaha Promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Promo

I have a pair of 2001 250hp OX66. I want to switch to 4 strokes. I know Yamaha usually runs a promo where they add the 3 year extended warranty.
    Would anyone know when they will start this?
    By the way I'm new here. This Forum is great.
    I also have a bunch of questions about how far the motors should be mounted apart and length of shaft. I have an old jupiter 31 hull #7.
    I bought 6 mo after the original owner had it built. It had 3 200's, A few years later when one powerhead blew I had the made it into a 2 engine boat. Now the motors are spaced 26" apart with 30" shafts. Now it has a rooster tail from the bracket and need trim tabs all the time, something is not right. When I bought the Yamaha's in 2001 the dealer just left it that way. Ever since I switched to 2 motors I doesn't feel to be riding right. So now that I'm buying 2 new 4 strokes I want to get them installed correctly, not just switched out.

No Yamaha doesn't have any promotions at this time and we havn't heard of any starting any time soon. The F200-F350 engines need to be mounted with a mininum 28.5 inch centers on boat. The Jupiter with twins that I have seen does use 30" shaft motors.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply Boats. A 2 1/2" difference would make the boat run a little wobbly. I'm just waiting for the promo that they ran last Sept 15 till March. I really want those extra 3 years of warranty without the $5200 on the invoice. Also My motors are switched port on starboard & star on well you get the idea. Do the still come from the factory like that?
      Steve

Comment

Working...
      X